Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Last Weekend at Home

Several weeks ago, I committed to doing some of my favorite things on the last weekend I am in DC for the summer. When I come back, the leaves will be dropping off the trees and it will be dark by 6pm.

So, I started off this morning by spending a little extra time in my super comfortable bed (I will miss you, bed) then walking the dogs to Eastern Market and to the park. Unfortunately, then life got in the way. I've got new renters moving in today so I had to finish cleaning the apartment, get all of the staging furniture out, find the keys, (which took some time and contact with both Brian and my contractor) and get all of their paperwork ready. Now, I am stuck doing errands for the rest of the day. However, I will cap off the day with something fun - - dinner with friends and their new little puppy Freckles. I think seeing Freckles (approx 7 lbs) and Bella (approx 70 lbs) duke it out for hours will be the highlight of the day.

I'll try again tomorrow for that leisurely weekend day... the plan is breakfast in the garden and a leisurely read of the Sunday Washington Post to start the day, then taking the girls swimming, and dinner with my favorite in-laws. I should probably start packing tomorrow but it still seems overwhelming at this point. I also need to make a few formatting revisions to my dissertation so I can submit for university review, which the last step before I can schedule my defense. So, I guess it won't be ALL play but no weekend ever is, is it?




No comments: